Updated: November 16, 2020
With the rise of cases in our area and the loss of a member due to COVID-19, we have made the difficult decision to cancel our annual Thanksgiving meal & Budget meeting which was scheduled to be held, on November 22nd immediately following our second service. We are planning to record the Budget presentation and send that out and delaying voting until we can do so safely. We have also decided to return to virtual only services which will begin, next Sunday, November 22nd.
With the decision to go to virtual only services, the church offices will be closed, we will however, be checking the voicemail regularly and as always, we are available by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please check with your Community Group leaders as to if you will be meeting in-person for your final sessions. At this time we are planning to continue to have Sr. High Youth meet in-person at the church.
For all other groups/meeting, please contact us in the church office or contact the leader of the group for more information.
We hope you enjoyed your summer and are prepared for the upcoming school year. Our hearts are with the parents, teachers, administrators of all the schools as we continue to pray for continued safety, wisdom and comfort during this uncertain time of return to learn.
As fall approaches, and we start to settle back into life from the busyness of summer, we have seen a need to begin two services. While each experience is unique, the sermon for both services will be the same. We will have a 9 am service and another at 10:15.
In order to provide better safety for all, we are:
- Limiting our services to 45 minutes and singing only three (3) songs.
- We will not be passing out bulletins or passing an offering plate around.
- We will not have coffee or snacks available until further notice.
- The rows have been sectioned off to help maintain social distancing.
- Seating will switch after each service to maintain proper cleaning.
- There are several hand sanitizing stations throughout the building.
- We have a designated entrance and seating area for those of you that wish to wear a mask and maintain social distancing from those choosing not to wear a mask.
Additionally, our insurance company, Church Mutual has made the following recommendations:
- When you arrive please move immediately from outdoors to your seating in order to maintain social distancing
- After the service, if you would like to fellowship please consider doing so outside the building
- We will not be passing anything around.
- Bulletins: As of now, we will not be printing bulletins. You can keep abreast of events and going-ons either by our calendar (located at the Connect wall), our Facebook page, or our website (where you are now).
- Communion: When we celebrate communion, we will have pre-packaged juice with wafer available. If you do not feel safe partaking, please know we understand and respect that decision.
- Fellowship: We will not be partaking in fellowship until further notice.
- Offering: In lieu of our offering plate(s) there will be two (2) drop boxes located at the back of the family life center. You can also donate online, through our website, via text at(319)330.3161 or by mail, P.O. Box 268, Jesup, IA 50648
- There will be no Sunday School, children's church, or nursery until further notice. Parents, please note that we have FREE busy bags that are filled with age appropriate activities to help keep your little ones engaged throughout service.
- While we do encourage you to wear/bring your own mask, we do have a limited amount available for those that either do not have one or forgot theirs and wish to wear one.
- We encourage those that may have been exposed or are experiencing symptoms to stay home and view the service online, a link to the latest service will be posted here.
- If you or anyone in your household is considered "high risk" we encourage you to stay home and view the service online, a link to the latest service will be posted here.
- We will continue to post our messages to YouTube while we are continue to explore our live streaming options.
As our building is beginning to see more usage, we do want to make sure you are aware of a couple of things that help to ensure your safety and be respectful of others. We are trying to limit the building usage to Sundays and Wednesdays only which allows the CDC recommended 72 hours between use. If you would like to use the building we ask that you let the church office know at least 48 hours in advance via email (email@example.com) so we can correspond with the deacons/elders to get you access.
All rooms have been marked with a usage log. These logs are on every room, including kitchen and all but the main restrooms. Please be sure to fill out the log so our custodial staff is aware of the usage and the room can be properly cleaned. Room 123/125/127 will be used by the men's group on Wednesday nights at 6:00 pm.
We understand this current season is difficult for many and in response many seek the church. Please know the leaders of JBF are
discussing ways in which we can continue to minister to people physically,
emotionally and spiritually. Our church has been a source of hope and
love to people throughout history—especially during difficult times. Our
goal is to continue to be hope and love for people. We will need to take
creative approaches to our mission to love God, love people and share the Good
News of Jesus. Please be in prayer for us as we seek God for
direction. If you have ideas or are willing to serve please let us
The following events have been Postponed:
The 4th Annual Women's Conference (new date TBD). Credits have been issued for registrations.
- 60 & Growing
- Kingdom Kidz - online registration open now
- God's Crew
For all other groups/meetings please contact us in the office or contact the leader of the group for more information. Thank you for your continued patience through these uncertain times.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." Philippians 4:6